Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Using The Chopper


The chopper was a great tool to learn how to use. First, I picked a note I liked and put it into piano roll and then chopped it. I tried different chopping patterns until I found one that I liked. I did this with all of my guitar patterns. The opening guitar pattern is probably my least favorite pattern in my loop, but I liked how it made the different patterns flow together. The second guitar pattern I really liked making. I picked a chopping pattern and then mixed up some of the pitches. The third different guitar pattern that comes in, didn't take me very long. I found the pitches and rhythms that I wanted almost right away. Lastly, I also found the drum loop easily, which was a change for once. I felt like the drum loop fit well with the song. Let me know if you agree...or disagree!

2 comments:

  1. I like the way the chopped bass patten comes in and out of the opening section to leave a drum/synth break. Your middle section is delightful, and the transposition goes to a logical place. well done.

    ReplyDelete