Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sytrus Project 6



This project wasn't one of my favorites, but it was a lot of fun to do. For the main melody I used the SAW wave, and then added some chorus to it. I used the SINE wave to back up the saw wave, and loved the way the two sounded together. I also added bass to help fill in parts that sounded empty. To start the song, I automated the volume for the saw wave, the bass, and my drum loop. I also faded out the saw wave and the drums to end the song. To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. I like this. it kinda has a spacey/underwatery feel to it o.O if that makes sense. i really like the way the two waves mix, my favorite is probably the sine wave, because it sounds so weird in a good way. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the sound of this, its a really goofy, carefree sound. the use of the synth waves goes great with the drums (which are a little to quiet. but regaurdless. this is a great sound, it would go great with that toothpaste commercial were doing now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how in the begining the drum blends into the saw wave although I think you should have waited a few more beats to bring in the drums. I also like how you played the saw and sine wave in sync , that was something I had trouble with when I made my loop. It really makes the loop sound fuller (if that's a word) and the transposing worked well. Although I wish the loop was longer because you had a really good sound and melody going on, I would have liked to hear more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your synths came out great, and the melody you wrote highlights the texture of the synth. The transpose function was used well here too. Good work.

    ReplyDelete